We've talked a lot on the show about how the workplace is changing, primarily due to demographic shifts as well as the pandemic. This week, Ewan goes into some detail about how confused managers or executives can navigate this new world and advance their workplace culture. The steps aren't easy -- though they aren't too hard, either -- and definitely worth considering.
Then Cam dives into the wonderful world of news monitoring. Staying on top of news, social media, online sentiment, and industry news is critical for most companies, but what's the best way to do it? Cam walks through some examples and even offers up a few recommendations -- including some powerful searches that are entirely free.
In Check This Out, Ewan talks death (in a good, inspiring way!) and Cam pays tribute to a man who clearly has the right PR skills: Jeff Bezos. He recommends a Bloomberg Businessweek story that looks at how the Amazon CEO beat the National Enquirer.
Don't miss any future episodes and get updates about the podcast by signing up to the PR & Law Podcast newsletter. We promise: no spam. Ever.
If you enjoy the show, please tell a friend or family member. It's the best way to get the word out and we are very grateful! We also frequently post updates to the stories we discuss on social media. You can find us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. You can also subscribe to our channels on YouTube and Soundcloud.
If you have a question we would be happy to answer it on the show! Just post it to social media with the hashtag #PRLawPod.
Links and Show Notes
- How Men Can Be More Inclusive Leaders - Harvard Business Review
- Basecamp's Experiment - PR & Law Podcast
- Subscribe to RSS - CamMacMurchy.com
- Toxic Social Media Leading to Renaissance in RSS Readers - CamMacMurchy.com
- Inoreader - Free RSS Feed Reader
- Muck Rack - Online Journalist Database
- Mailbrew - Create Beautiful, Custom Newsletters
Check This Out
- The Untold Story of how Jeff Bezos Beat the Tabloids - Bloomberg Businessweek
- Meet the Nun Who Wants You to Remember You Will Die - The New York Times
Ewan Christie is an employment lawyer and partner at Duntrune LLP in Toronto, Canada.
Cam MacMurchy is a corporate communications executive with a multinational technology company listed in Hong Kong and curator of the Digital Bits PR and Communications newsletter. He also contributes to Apple news website 9to5Mac and shares his thoughts on PR, media, travel, and technology on his website.