We had the privilege of welcoming Edelman Hong Kong Head of Corporate Simon Murphy to the show this week to get his perspective on how the PR industry has changed over the years, what companies often overlook when putting a communications plan together, how the recent US presidential election affected clients far beyond the United States, and what advice he'd give to small businesses struggling with PR.
Then Ewan updates the infamous Jeffrey Toobin case. You may recall from Episode 29 that Toobin, a New Yorker staff writer and CNN pundit, accidentally exposed himself during a staff Zoom call. Well, the ax has finally fallen, and Toobin is now out of a job after nearly 30 years with the magazine. Ewan looks at what happened while Cam dissects the trite staff email sent around by New Yorker corporate owner Conde Nast.
Also: you won't believe what former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski's wife had to say about her husband catching COVID-19. It's about as bad as it gets!
Don't miss any future episodes and get updates about the podcast by signing up to the PR & Law Podcast newsletter. We promise: no spam. Ever.
If you enjoy the show, please tell a friend or family member. It's the best way to get the word out and we are very grateful! We also frequently post updates to the stories we discuss on social media. You can find us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. You can also subscribe to our channels on YouTube and Soundcloud.
If you have a question we would be happy to answer it on the show! Just post it to social media with the hashtag #PRLawPod.
Links and Show Notes
- Corey Lewandowski's Wife Just Posted This on Instagram - Twitter
- Trump Admits Biden Won, but Still Won't Concede - CNBC
- Jeffrey Toobin Fired from The New Yorker for "Zoom Dick Incident" - Vulture
Check This Out
- The Crisis Isn't Trump, it's the Republican Party - Ezra Klein Show
- Parler App Grows as Conservatives Debate Free Speech on Social Media - WSJ
- The Atlantic's Caitlin Flanagan Rips 'Leftist' Media, 'Crying' Anchors: Gotta 'Suck it Up,' 'be Less Partisan' - Fox News
- Miami Marlins Hire Kim Ng, Breaking a Baseball Gender Barrier - New York Times
Ewan Christie is an employment lawyer and partner at Duntrune LLP in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Cam MacMurchy is a corporate communications executive with a multinational technology company listed in Hong Kong and curator of the Digital Bits PR and Communications newsletter. He also contributes to Apple news website 9to5Mac and shares his thoughts on PR, media, travel, and technology on his website.