Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez shows off her communications skills in a passionate rebuttal to Republican Ted Yoho following a confrontation earlier in the week. We dissect her approach and explain why it worked so well, then mentioned a few other tips to become a compelling public speaker.
COVID-19 cases may still be on the upswing, but companies are asking reluctant employees to come back to the office. If you don't feel safe, what options do you have?
"Release the Kraken!" went from an obscure movie reference to centerstage in a genius marketing maneuver in Seattle. We also look at the ice cream museum meltdown, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and more.
If you enjoy the podcast, please tell a friend or family member. We are very grateful!
Don't miss a new episode -- or an update to topics discussed on the show -- by following us on social media. You can find our accounts on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook with the account name PRLawPodcast. You are also welcome to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
If you have a question we would be happy to answer it on the show! Just post it to social media with the hashtag #PRLawPod.
Links and Sources
- How Trump is Helping Tycoons Exploit the Pandemic - New Yorker
- Zoom Embroiled in Data Scandal (Discussed in Episode 2) - PR & Law Podcast
- Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Full Response to Rep. Ted Yoho - YouTube
- The Power of Introverts by Susan Cain - Amazon
- The Class of RGB - Slate
- Seattle Kraken Officially Announce Team Name and Logo with Banner Unveil - YouTube
- I Scream. You Scream. The Meltdown at the Museum of Ice Cream - Forbes
Ewan Christie is an employment lawyer and partner at Duntrune LLP in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Cam MacMurchy is a corporate communications executive with a multinational technology company listed in Hong Kong and curator of the Digital Bits PR and Communications newsletter.